OPEB (Other Post Employment Benefits)
The OPEB valuation can be a confusing process. That’s why the experts at Jefferson Solutions are here to assist you with all of your GASB 74 & GASB 75 needs. Our team has the right blend of actuarial, governmental, labor management and accounting experience. We also understand healthcare and can provide creative solutions to many of the challenges your organization is facing. Here are just some of the things we can help you with:
- Identifying OPEB Obligations:
- We will obtain an in depth understanding of your organization’s contractual or implied obligations to retirees.
- Demographic Data and Trend Analysis:
- We will analyze your demographic information for active and retired employees including covered dependents.
- Claim Analysis:
- For plans that are self insured, we will analyze past claim payment history of your specific plans. We will use acceptable actuarial methods to develop trend models for your organization.
- Actuarial Assumptions Selection:
- We will educate you on the impact of key actuarial assumptions such as interest rates, funding, healthcare inflation rates, retirement rates, and turnover rates.
- Actuarial Cost Methods:
- We will review the six acceptable actuarial cost methods allowed under the GASB statement and assist you in selecting the method that best fits your organization.